How Successful Entrepreneurs ManageTime Well
Time management is one of the most critical skills for any entrepreneur. After all, your
time is limited, and successful entrepreneurs need to make the most of every
Here are a few tips for how to manage your time successfully as an
1. First, prioritize your tasks. Create a task list and then order them by
importance. Making a list of your most important tasks will help you focus on the
● Of course, some jobs will always take precedence over others. You can
also use the Eisenhower Matrix to help you better prioritize your tasks.
● The Eisenhower Matrix is a time management technique used to prioritize
tasks. President Dwight Eisenhower introduced the method and was
known for his practical time management skills. The matrix categorizes
tasks into four quadrants:
Quadrant 1: Urgent and Important.
Quadrant 2: Important, but not Urgent.
Quadrant 3: Urgent but not Important. Quadrant 4: Not Urgent and Not
● Tasks that are both urgent and important should be at the top of the list.
These are the tasks that you need to complete first. The tasks in the
second part of the series are also important.
● Quadrant 3 tasks are urgent, but you can often delegate them to someone
else. Quadrant 4 tasks are neither critical nor essential, and you can
eliminate these tasks.
2. Second, create a schedule and stick to it. Having a set schedule will help you
use your time more effectively and ensure that you forget nothing important.
Leave some flexibility in your plan to account for unexpected tasks or delays.
● One effective way of creating an efficient schedule is to use the time-block
method. It involves scheduling specific periods for certain tasks. For
example, you might block out two hours to work on a project and one hour
to check and respond to emails.
● Once you have created your schedule, try your best to stick to it.
3. Next, delegate tasks. As an entrepreneur, you probably have a lot on your plate.
Don’t do everything yourself–delegate tasks to others on your team or hire
outside help when necessary. You can free up your time to focus on the most
● Hire a virtual assistant to handle some of your administrative tasks or use
a project management tool to delegate tasks to your team members.
● If you have trouble trusting, try using the 80/20 rule. This rule states that
80% of the results come from 20% of the effort. Focus on the tasks that
will have the most significant impact and delegate the rest.
4. Set boundaries. It’s important to set boundaries between work and personal
time. When working, try to avoid distractions and stay focused on the task. Once
you’ve clocked out for the day, resist the urge to check your email or do any
● It would help if you also learned to say “no” when feeling overwhelmed. It’s
better to focus on a few tasks and do them well than to do too much and
end up doing a poor job.
5. Finally, take breaks. Working non-stop is not sustainable in the long run. You
will burn out quickly if you don’t take breaks to relax and rejuvenate. Schedule
some time for yourself every day, even if it’s just a few minutes.
● Take a walk, read a book, or take a nap. Breaks will help you stay
focused and productive when you are working.
Managing your time well is essential for entrepreneurs. By following the tips above,
you can make sure that you are using your time in the most effective way possible.
Prioritize your tasks, create a schedule, delegate, and take breaks to relax. By taking
these steps, you can set yourself up for success.
Thank you for reading our blog!
- Mike Acker
Check out my new book on Public Speaking: Speak with Confidence, published by WILEY.
A breakthrough to develop confidence in speaking, leadership, and life. A follow-up book to my best-selling book, Speak with No Fear