6 Ways to Stay Motivated and Positive
The world can be full of negativity. That’s why it’s so important to stay positive and motivated, despite the situations you may face — good or bad.
Have you ever read a motivational book, watched an inspiring video, or tried to implement a new habit, only to give up after a few days?
What’s going on? Why is it that we get motivated, inspired, and have all these great ideas, but then nothing happens? When you’re lacking motivation or energy, start with these three questions:
What do you want out of this day?
What have you done today to get closer to those things?
What could you do right now that would move you toward your goals?
Honest answers to the questions above are good to energize you for each day’s activities.
Remember that only you and your mindset can generate the positive energy you need. You can only practice some tried and tested routines that can get you on your feet whenever you are down. Different things motivate everyone. First, understand what motivates you.
Let these self-improvement tips guide you to stay motivated and positive:
1. Set aside time for yourself every day. Practice self-care. Schedule a moment where you are not answering calls, scrolling on social media, responding to a mail, or watching a favorite movie.
There are a lot of distractions in the world. However, if you don’t set aside time to reflect, you cannot move forward. Even if it is 5 minutes every day, know that you deserve it.
2. Reward yourself for every little thing. Set little milestones for your life, like finishing an assignment on time. Reward yourself by watching your favorite show or buying your favorite coffee.
Self-reward doesn't always need to be money or time-consuming. The minor things you don’t value do the wonders. For instance, stand on your feet now and tell yourself “You’re victorious” or “You’re capable”. See the feeling it gives.
3. Surround yourself with positive-minded people. Sometimes you need a little extra push to get through the day. That’s why it’s so important to surround yourself with people who are positive and motivated.
With positive people in your life, keeping your head up is that much easier. It’s like a breath of fresh air when you’re feeling down.
4. Help others.
Creating a positive influence in people’s life brings an unusual feeling of joy.
5. Visualize yourself succeeding. You’ve probably heard this one before, but there’s a reason for that! It works! Take a few minutes every morning or evening to picture what it would be like for you to succeed.
Spend some time thinking about how good it will feel for you to make it to the other side of this challenge!
6. Starve your distractions. It’s so easy to let yourself get distracted, isn’t it? Whether your distraction is the latest reality TV show, the latest flavor of ice cream, your kids, or the bed that looks so comfortable right now.
It’s easy to find things that will capture your attention and keep it away from what you should be doing. When you don’t feed your distractions, you’ll get more time for yourself.
Many of us struggle to stay motivated and positive these days. The social media landscape is full of negativity.
With all the negativity, it becomes difficult to understand why we do what we do. And sometimes we may feel like we are not making any difference. Let these tips be a booster for you to escape negativity and stay motivated.
Thank you for reading our blog!
- Mike Acker
Check out my new book on Public Speaking: Speak with Confidence, published by WILEY.
A breakthrough to develop confidence in speaking, leadership, and life. A follow-up book to my best-selling book, Speak with No Fear